geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From siss...@insession.com
Subject Re: Startup Scripts discussion ( GERONIMO-693 )
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 06:49:28 GMT
sissonj@insession.com wrote on 04/07/2005 10:22:59 PM:

<snip>

> Deploy Tool Startup:
> =================
> * starting under JPDA debugger
> * allow jvm options to be passed

Should we be invoking the deploy tool with the following (taken from
GERONIMO-502)?

java -Djava.security.manager
-Djava.security.policy=var/security/deployer.policy  -jar bin/deployer.jar
<standard> switches and parameters

If so, slightly off topic, it appears that we would then need the izpack
installation to substitute the port numbers the user enters in the
installer panels into var/security/deployer.policy for ease of
installation. Not sure if we need to make changes to izpack (see link
below) to support variable substitution in policy files (AFAIK, policy
files are supposed to be in UTF8 encoding scheme, so the izpack
VariableSubstitutor class may need to be enhanced to have a
TYPE_JAVA_POLICY that defaults to UTF8 encoding.

http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/izpack/izpack-src/src/lib/com/izforge/izpack/util/VariableSubstitutor.java?rev=1.4&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

If not, why, and should we have a command line switch that turns the
security manager on?

Thanks,

John