geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From siss...@insession.com
Subject Re: Attacking M4
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 00:00:53 GMT
David Blevins <david.blevins@visi.com> wrote on 26/07/2005 07:59:47 AM:

> Alright, here is the deal on M4.  We have OSCON coming up and from my
> experience, if we don't get M4 out the door this week, then we won't
> see it till the week after OSCON.  I actually tried to cut M3 at
> OSCON last year and we all know how that went.
>
> If we don't get M4 out the door this week, our hopes of having M5 by
> the 15th are lost.  Assuming we don't want this to happen, here is my
> attack plan:
>
> =ATTACK PLAN==========
>
> LAST ISSUES
>
>    - Undeployment issue (GERONIMO-812, David Jencks)
>    - Snapshots (Javamail & Axis=>Dims, jUDDI & Scout=>Geir,
> ServiceMix=>Hiram, tmpOrb=>Dain)
>    - Web Services startup issue (GERONIMO-785, David Blevins)
>    - Corba interop problem (GERONIMO-813, Dain Sundstrom)
>    - Izpack/Tomcat issue (GERONIMO-811, Unassigned)

See comments below.

>    - Unknown CTS issues (need to clear up GERONIMO-812 to run it
> completely)
>
> No sitting on tasks, if you are not going to do it, mark it unassigned.
>
> Issue GERONIMO-811 is unassigned.  Can someone either remove the
> Tomcat option from the IzPack installer or add a the link to the wiki?

Jeff, any comment here?  I can modify the installer to not have the Tomcat
option for M4.  I now feel we are better waiting and providing the Tomcat
functionality in an unstable build from HEAD or M5, working on making it
as simple as possible for the user to configure and provide good
documentation with the installation.

I tried using M4 with Jetty disabled last night and had some problems (ran
out of time to debug.. was getting late).  It may be something I did
wrong, see mail thread "Problems running DebugConsole on Tomcat, with
Jetty removed from plans in M4".

John

> It seems GERONIMO-809 is actually completed, is that right?

GERONIMO-809 is complete now.  JIRA being down prevented me from
completing it last night.