geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From siss...@insession.com
Subject Removal of SNAPSHOTs from builds
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 01:44:58 GMT
I was thinking a good way to get a start on removal of SNAPSHOTs is to
raise a JIRA issue for each SNAPSHOT we depend upon so each can be
individually tracked/discussed and worked on.  The etc/project.properties
file could then be updated with a comment for each SNAPSHOT containing the
JIRA issue number.

Does this sound like a reasonable approach?

I would then ask that anyone with knowledge of each SNAPSHOT or patched
version to assign it to themselves and comment in the JIRA issue on why we
are using it and whether we can move to a formal release or an estimate of
when that may be possible if known.

This should allow us to track the work required and the state of it.

The  "Release specs as a separate distro from M4" mail thread seemed to
indicate the specs JARS are going to be moved to formal versions.  Has a
decision been reached?  Would it make sense to have a single JIRA issue
for all the spec jars?

Have people been using a tool in the past to see the dependency tree?  If
so what tool?

Here is the current list of SNAPSHOTS taken from etc/project.properties:

    # hack to work with activemq
    geronimo_kernel_version=1.0-SNAPSHOT
    geronimo_system_version=1.0-SNAPSHOT

    # actual dependencies
    activemq_version=3.1-SNAPSHOT
    geronimo_version=1.0-SNAPSHOT
    openejb_version=2.0-SNAPSHOT
    tmporb_version=1.0-SNAPSHOT
    tranql_version=1.0-SNAPSHOT
    tranql_connector_version=1.0-SNAPSHOT
    geronimo_spec_activation_version=1.0.2-SNAPSHOT
    geronimo_spec_javamail_version=1.3.1-SNAPSHOT
    activecluster_version=1.0-SNAPSHOT
    axis_version=1.3-SNAPSHOT
    commons_discovery_version=SNAPSHOT
    ews_version=SNAPSHOT
    jaxb_ri_version=SNAPSHOT
    juddi_version=SNAPSHOT
    scout_version=1.0-SNAPSHOT
    servicemix_version=1.0-SNAPSHOT

The following are look like they aren't formal versions, shall I also
create JIRA issues for these (see note about spec JARs above).  Even if
there isn't a formal version available it would be good to document where
the dependency is used and have the issue to review later in time to see
if the situation has changed?

    geronimo_spec_corba_version=2.3-rc4
    geronimo_spec_ejb_version=2.1-rc4
    geronimo_spec_j2ee_version=1.4-rc4
    geronimo_spec_j2ee_connector_version=1.5-rc4
    geronimo_spec_j2ee_deployment_version=1.1-rc4
    geronimo_spec_j2ee_jacc_version=1.0-rc4
    geronimo_spec_j2ee_management_version=1.0-rc4
    geronimo_spec_jaxr_version=1.0-rc4
    geronimo_spec_jaxrpc_version=1.1-rc4
    geronimo_spec_jms_version=1.1-rc4
    geronimo_spec_jsp_version=2.0-rc4