geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From siss...@insession.com
Subject Re: Outstanding tasks for M4
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 06:49:41 GMT
Dain Sundstrom <dain@iq80.com> wrote on 20/07/2005 11:58:52 AM:

> On Jul 19, 2005, at 10:24 AM, David Jencks wrote:
>
> > what is the proper use of Jira for defects that occur in multiple
> > branches/releases?  There are at least 2 issues fixed in head that
> > need to be backported
>
> If the fix is back ported, I would say you just set the fixed number
> to M4.  Once M4 is released it will appear as if it were originally
> fixed in M4 and simply carried into M5+.

In taking that approach, those issues that have been fixed in head should
not be closed until they have been backported, so it is easily visible
that that work needs to be done.  So currently it seems some issues need
to be reopened.

The problem I see with that approach is that from the lists in JIRA it
will not be obvious that the work has been completed in HEAD since the one
issue (kept open) is being used for the two versions.

my 0.02c

John