geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From siss...@insession.com
Subject Change Geronimo to use Tomcat JK 1.2.13 instead of the unsupported JK 2 ?
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 03:10:23 GMT
Currently Geronimo uses the following:

tomcat_jk2_version=5.0.18
tomcat_version=5.5.9

According to the Jakarta Tomcat Connectors page JK2 is officially
unsupported and has been put in maintainer mode and no further development
will take place
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/connectors-doc/news/20041100.html#20041115.1
.

Also I read the Tomcat 5.5 documentation and it says that JK1.2 is
supported and "Other native connectors supporting AJP may work, but are no
longer supported"
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/connectors.html.

I'm also not clear what the jk2 version (5.0.18) really is, as the last
official JK2 release is 2.0.4 according to
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/connectors-doc/news/20041100.html

Or could it be that I am being mislead by 'jk2' being i the property name
and it isn't really JK2 ?

John