geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unstable builds -- use uberbuild?
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:28:01 GMT

>     Then we're pretty sure the binary will be coordinated.  The next
> question is whether we should include the TranQL and OpenEJB source
> in our
> source tarball or just the Geronimo source.  I guess for official
> builds
> we probably need to restrict it to geronimo source for licensing
> reasons.
> I'm not sure if that would be compelling for unstable builds.  It
> would be
> nice to have the whole tree in there together, even though this still
> doesn't make the whole thing "repeatable" (since we still depend on so
> many SNAPSHOTS).

I don't think we want to distribute source from elsewhere.

>     I don't want to start the shapshot issue on this thread, though, I
> just wonder what others think about building a binary via the
> uberbuild
> and distributing source for OpenEJB and TranQL in the source tarball.

Ok - I was going to say :

"Well, given the close relationships we have w/ OpenEJB and TranQL,
couldn't we just ask those projects to do a dated unstable build
distinguishable from a SNAPSHOT?"

But I wont's since you don't want that on this thread.

geir

geirm@apache.org