geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <>
Subject Re: Trifork Code
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2005 13:43:53 GMT

On Jul 9, 2005, at 1:41 AM, Jeff Genender wrote:

> Trifork has been having some discussions with Geronimo about
> donating some code to the project.  One of the first donations will
> be an ORB which is an area where we can really use this code.
> How do people feel about having the code come in as an incubated
> Gernimo project and eventually having it become a Geronimo sub-
> project?  The incubator would allow TriFork to continue thier
> development while allowing the community to be a part of it.

There are two ways we've discussed :

1) Bring directly to the Geronimo project in a new part of our SVN
repository and have the trifork committers continue to work there
with us on the code, making enhancements to the donated code and
integrating with Geronimo.  All discussion would be on dev@geronimo
and the SVN repository would be the responsibility of the Geronimo
PMC.  We would ensure that the required documentation is properly
filed with the incubator.

2) Bring the code to the incubator and work with the trifork
committers there in the Incubator SVN, bringing to Geronimo at some
point in the future.

Given our interest in incorporating these people and this code in our
community and our need for this code for broad JDK support, I prefer #1.