geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: New Startup Output
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 00:03:43 GMT

> On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>
>> You can get the server version from the ServerInfo class.
>>

>     Does that return "208435" or "1.0-SNAPSHOT"?  I'm assuming the
> latter, which isn't as helpful.  The specific SVN version would
> really be
> the most useful, wouldn't it?  Still, I can start with what we've
> got and
> we can always tune it later.

ServerInfo has the following attributes all generated during assembly
the assembly module:
     public String getBaseDirectory();
     public String getVersion();
     public String getBuildDate();
     public String getBuildTime();
     public String getCopyright();

The attribute values are generated into a properties file which is
read in by the ServerConstants code.  BTW, this is based on the
OpenEJB technique for loading build constants.

-dain