geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r225141 - in /geronimo/site: docs/guidelines.html xdocs/guidelines.xml
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:52:17 GMT

On Jul 25, 2005, at 4:29 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> On Jul 25, 2005, at 11:29 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>

>> On Jul 25, 2005, at 1:37 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>>

>>> I think we should start with guidelines that are from a project
>>> that is in a much earlier stage of development.  These guidelines
>>> work well for httpd since it is such a stable code base, but I
>>> believe unworkable for us.  Are there other project guidelines we
>>> can start with? Perhaps incubator, jakarta, or web-services?
>>>

>> It's not clear that Incubator's rules are relevant, as they are
>> for a really different kind of project. (I'm guessing, as I didn't
>> go look...)
>>
>> As for the others, they are probably derived from httpd in some way.
>>
>> What aspects do you feel are unworkable for us?  Lets just fix
>> those bugs that you see.
>>

> Can we delay this until after OSCon?  I would like to work on M4
> 100% this week and then relax at OSCon next week.  If this is
> really important, I guess we can work on it now, but I get the
> feeling the community wants M4 asap :)

I wasn't interested in forcing anything through, just getting a
discussion going.  If you have no problem with me at least pushing to
the public site, we can ponder as we need to.

> In the mean time I think it would be helpful if you could point the
> community at the guidelines used by the different projects at the
> ASF.  I think a bit of background reading over the next two weeks
> will make this discussion move much easier.  I also request that
> until we discuss and vote on the guidelines we remove them from our
> website;  I don't want to create any confusion.

The guidelines are clearly marked as "PROPOSED" on the page, under a
"Proposed" section of the left side menu.  Does that sufficiently
address that concern?

geir

geirm@apache.org