geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Project Dependencies: TranQL & maybe someday GBean.org
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:18:12 GMT

On Jul 5, 2005, at 7:58 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> On Jul 5, 2005, at 4:08 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:
>

>> Dain, would you consider either substantially enlarging the
>> community of despots for GBean.org,
>>

> Absolutely.  The whole thing has been on hold while we finished the
> TCK.  Over time, as more people get involved we will have more
> committers and despots.

I think that if you brought the thing here, you'd have the same thing.

We could, if everyone agreed, to make it a subproject with separate
release cycles and even a separate committer list.  It would have the
benefit of keeping the Geronimo kernel community together, make the
Geronimo Container more valuable, and resolve the problem of using
"Gbean" in the name of an independent project separate and outside of
the Geronimo project.

geir

geirm@apache.org