geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: GBeans: Saving Changes
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:54:11 GMT
On Jul 26, 2005, at 3:36 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> If it uses the "original" then the new configuration may not run
> with the "current" one; if it uses the "current" then it may not
> run on a server using the "original" one.

We have this problem regardless.  Any mutation in the environment or
configuration state can cause a service to not start.  For example,
if a users moves an important directory, or changes a service
attribute to point to a new directory.  The proposed change does not
solve that problem but it doesn't cause that problem either.  When
someone comes up with a solution to this problem, we can change the
console also.  It is *soft*ware after all.

> It is also a requirement for offline or in-Maven packaging where
> the deployer will be using the "original" version and not the
> "current" modified one.

The command line maven tool will load the current state from the
server configuration store.  If the maven plugin doesn't do that I
would consider that a bug.

-dain