geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: New Startup Output, Mark 2
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 03:06:41 GMT
On Jul 5, 2005, at 6:50 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> On 7/5/2005 6:36 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:
> I like the idea of:
>
> java -jar server.jar -quiet           Very quiet startup, log level
> WARN
> java -jar server.jar                  Progress bar, server version,
> etc.
> java -jar server.jar -loglevel INFO   No progress, log level INFO
> java -jar server.jar -loglevel DEBUG  No progress, log level DEBUG

I like -quiet and I also like -v and -vv.  I think something like --
loglevel would be ok for a long version of -v, but I don't know if
the word loglevel it right.  This isn't the full log level, but only
the log level used for console output.  Maybe we should use --verbose
and  --veryverbose.

-dain