geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Webdav admin interface
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 06:26:08 GMT
On Jul 20, 2005, at 7:09 PM, Lyndon Samson wrote:

> Just another wacky idea but...
>
> Webdav clients are becomming more common.
>
> Webdav is being used for admin like tasks (
> http://metzner.org/projects/xincon/ ).
>
> I wonder if you could wrap webdav around Management GBeans/JMX/? and
> give access to Geronimos internals in a similar manner to the /proc
> interface in Linux.
>
> Would it add anything or just be a cool bit of code? :-)

Oh my... that Linux davfs module has me drooling.  I wrote a whole
telnet implementation for OpenEJB 1.0 once with hopes of doing
something like this.  This is a whole other ballpark.

So could we actually do something like execute components in the
kernel from bash?  (please say yes, please say yes)

-David