geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Website page for community members building on Geronimo or providing support and services around Geronimo
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 20:27:44 GMT

> On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>
>> Ok - so there's decent support.  Now, how about projects, products
>> and organizations to list there?
>>

>     How much space does each entry get?

I would think one line containing a blurb and a link :

e.g.

Chariot Solutions   Support and consulting services for Apache Geronimo

> If nothing else, I think my
> company should be listed for underwriting some of my time on Geronimo.

Well, I was hoping we'd keep it to companies that state that they
offer some product or service around Geronimo  - which I think your
company does, and therefore I expected it to be listed...

> But if we're going to ask to be listed as a service provider as well,
> would that be like our logo in the Service Provider section, or
> "Service
> Provider" next to the company name, or do we provide a paragraph about
> what we do, or just a link to a page on our web site that describes
> it, or what?
>
>     I'm all for paragraphs for now while the list is likely to be
> small -- but I can also see links to a page that we need to host.
> I don't
> think "just a bunch of logos" will be all that helpful.  On the other
> hand, with some of our bigger friends, any blurb is likely to need
> to go
> through Legal and getting a blurb on the company's own web site may
> or may
> not be a short-term endeavor, so I guess there may be other
> perspectives.
> (But hey, IBM doesn't *need* much more than a logo... :)

LOL.

Look at http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/powered.html

I was thinking something like that.  Maybe adding a small logo
column, but I figured we'd keep it simple.

geir

geirm@apache.org