geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Tyagi, Rahul" <rahul.ty...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject FW: ThreadPool GBean And WorkManager
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 13:50:15 GMT

Thanks Thomas,

Sure you can contribute and thanks for volunteering. I am not sure, During inception of a
project do we mail to dev mailing list or not?
I am currently looking for reusable components within Geronimo which can be of help while
developing WorkManager API and its configuration. I liked idea of developing it as SPI and
implement WorkManager as wrapper around that.

Prior to starting implementation we would need to see following things.
2. Configuration of components as GBean.
3. Which threading API we would/may use, Currently Geronimo is using Doug's API, but we have
to see whether we can use JDK 1.5 java.util.concurrent pkg or back port of that, For this
discussion we need to socialize it with team.
4. Should we use WorkManager for all work processing or use blend of ThreadPool and WorkManager.
4. Do we need to provide transaction management for WorkManager threads.

I would look forward for your thoughts on that also.

Thanks,
Rahul

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas P. Fuller [mailto:thomas.fuller@coherentlogic.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 12:42 PM
To: jboynes@apache.org; Tyagi, Rahul
Subject: Re: ThreadPool GBean

Rahul, Jeremy,

I'd like to contribute -- let me know if this is open and how I can get started.

Also, I sent this to you guys because I wasn't sure if it belonged on the dev mailing list
-- if you prefer that all mail go to that list, then please let me know and I'll be sure to
respond in that manner in the future.

Best,

Thomas

"Tyagi, Rahul" <rahul.tyagi@bearingpoint.com> wrote:

David J.,

I was looking for implementing WorkManager API (JSR-237) using current geronimo ThreadPool
infrastructure . I think current version of geronimo allow to define only one ThreadPool gbean
per JVM (Because GBEAN_INF is public static final). Which is fine, Just wanted to make sure
that i am interpreting it right?
In this case we have to define WorkManager as new gbean and implement it to manage its own
thread pool, Geronimo admin would have capability to configure multiple WorkManager gbean.

Your Thoughts/Comments??

Rahul

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. Access to this
email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If
you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the
sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.