geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: GBeans: Saving Changes
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:49:27 GMT
+1 for adding support for adding services to and removing services
from a configuration

> IMO both of these are much better done as part of the offline
> deployment process well before the configuration gets anywhere near
> a running server.  Both of these are reasonable things to do, but
> again IMO not on a running server.

I don't think there is any way to avoid it in the current design.

> I'm not really sure how the current configuration saving works.

Simple.  In doStop of the configuration we package up the current
configuration state and then tell the configuration store, the one
from which the configuration was originally loaded, to update the
configuration.  The local cofinguration store simply, creates a new
serilized file in the configuration "save.ser".  There is only one
save version, so you could conceivably rollback to the original saved
state, but not to a previous revision.  Of course we have no
"rollback" logic anywhere in the current code base.

-dain