geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: build change...xmlbean2 issue
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:50:20 GMT
This might work, although it will cause significant additional
complications for use with idea and probably other tools.  From my
point of view this is sort of an eclipse limitation in that it appears
to be insisting that there can only be one "compiler" producing binary
output, and that compiler is the eclipse java compiler.  I would think
a more flexible approach would be to allow adding multiple "compilers"
to the eclipse project.

I probably won't have time to look into this for a while.  If you want
to pursue it, you need to make sure that:

1. the "resources" directory you add is in target, not src
2. the maven xmlbeans plugin adds the resource directory to the maven
internal structures whether or not it runs xmlbeans to generate code. I
think there might be some code for including the source schemas that
might be similar to what you need.
3. modify the idea plugin to find the generated classes.  I don't know
if this is necessary and I don't know if it will confuse idea.

Will doing this provide a solution to the eclipse classpath problem as
well?  IIUC to get eclipse to recognize the generated  classes you need
to put the final output jar on the eclipse classpath.  I hope that
there is one solution that will solve both problems.

thanks
david jencks