geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Questions about CORBA
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2005 17:04:53 GMT
On Jul 3, 2005, at 11:31 PM, Viacheslav N tararin wrote:

> Dain Sundstrom пишет:
>

>> If it comes down to fixing OpenORB or writing our own ORB, I think
>> writing our own will be faster. OpenORB is quite difficult to
>> understand and was written before many modern concepts like IoC
>> were introduced. The biggest problem this the current OpenORB
>> codebase is that it doesn't properly implement IIOP so it cant
>> talk to any other ORBs (and it is difficult to find the code to fix).
>>

> Can you provide an example? We using OpenORB for our products about
> 5 years, it properly work with OmniORB at less.

We were using the head version and it could not pass an array of
primitive values to another orb.  IIRC, character types were not
being marshaled as a wchar marshaled, but it has been a while.

Also, the iiop operation name manger is broken.  If you have an
overloaded method with an array type it will generate the wrong
operation name.  For example:

     void blah();
     void blah(String[] foo);

-dain