geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sundaranathan S <>
Subject Re: want to contribute with web or EJB please assign me !!!!!
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 15:40:42 GMT

    When i use "list-modules" to see the modules deployed my
application is not listed. So i ran the command "java -jar
bin/deployer.jar distribute c:\scratch\SampleWebApp\hello1.war" but it
gives the following error ...

21:08:27,820 INFO  [LocalConfigStore:config-store/] Loaded Configuration geronim
21:08:28,441 INFO  [Configuration] Started configuration org/apache/geronimo/J2E
21:08:28,641 INFO  [SecurityServiceImpl] JACC factory registered
    Error: Unable to connect to local deployer service

org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Syntax error in deployment plan
or no deployer service available (currently I can't tell the difference):, modul
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$734a235d.i
        at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(
        at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethod
        at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperatio
        at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.
        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.ServerConnection$KernelWrapper.inv
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.ServerConnection.invokeOfflineDepl
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.CommandDistribute.executeOffline(C
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.CommandDistribute.execute(CommandD
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.DeployTool.execute(
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.DeployTool.main(
21:08:28,972 INFO  [Configuration] Stopping configuration org/apache/geronimo/J2
21:08:29,092 INFO  [Configuration] Stopping configuration org/apache/geronimo/De
21:08:29,092 INFO  [BasicKernel] Starting kernel shutdown
21:08:29,092 INFO  [BasicKernel] Kernel shutdown complete

Please let me know what could be the problem.

On 7/5/05, Jacek Laskowski <> wrote:
> Sundaranathan S wrote:
> > thanks Jacek. I tried this and it is working. But how do i know
> > whether the web application is deployed properly or not. There is no
> > console output is this expected.
> Well, it seems Wiki is not clear on it. The info is there, but not
> easily found. Possibly Aaron's book would help better, but...
> When you run java -jar bin/deployer.jar you will get the list of
> available options and commands. One of the command - deploy - you've
> already used. Another one is list-modules. Try
>   java -jar bin/deployer.jar list-modules
> and you'll see the list of configurations. @see
> for more information about
> availabnle configurations.
> One of the listed configurations should be your just deployed webapp.
> The name depends on the configId you declared in the plan.
> So, once successfully deployed, try
>   java -jar bin/server.jar <your_webapp_configuration>
> , open up the browser of your choice and point it to
> http://localhost:8080/<your_webapp_context>, where <your_webapp_context>
> is the one you defined in geronimo-web.xml file (or geronimo-jetty.xml).
> That's it.
> > -Sundar.
> Jacek

View raw message