geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Donations & Policies
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:12:47 GMT

On Jul 11, 2005, at 10:56 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

[SNIP]

>>>     After giving the whole issue some more thought, I think I would
>>> prefer the TriFork code go to the incubator.  I'm fine going
>>> either  way
>>> with the web console (incubator or "sandbox area" with own ACL).
>>> I  guess
>>> that means that if we need a single policy/guideline, I'd lean
>>> toward the
>>> incubator.
>>>

> I don't see the value add in going directly to the incubator unless
> they wanted to graduate as a TLP out of the gate.  If this is the
> case, then they wouldn't have bothered us to begin w/.

Just a comment -

yes - that's something we need to get a handle on - what's the value
to send off to Incubator unless it will be some kind of TLP or a
distinct, standalone community of some sort.

I don't wish to see our subprojects, if we add them, be formally
distinct sub-communities of Geronimo.

geir

geirm@apache.org