geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: ANN: Spring Kernel
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 00:22:27 GMT
Digging up an old thread....  We kind of ignored this tread when it
was posted.

On May 18, 2005, at 2:46 AM, Bruce Snyder wrote:

> On 5/17/05, Dain Sundstrom <dsundstrom@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> [Note: for some reason none of my email is getting through to dev, so
>> I apologize if this is a duplicate]
>>
>> I have just committed a demonstration Spring based Geronimo server.
>> This server uses a spring.xml file to configure the server and
>> actually uses the GBean.org Spring based kernel instead of the
>> existing Geronimo kernel to wire together services.
>>
>> The new code is located in sandbox/spring-assembly and you can try
>> out
>> the new server with the following:
>>
>> % cd sandbox/spring-assembly
>> % maven
>> % java -jar target/geronimo/bin/spring-server.jar
>> org/apache/geronimo/DebugConsole
>>
>> Once the server finishes booting, open http://localhost:8080/debug-
>> tool
>>
>> The demonstration server is not fully working, so your milage may
>> vary.  If you are interested in helping making this a fully working
>> server, please try it out and let me know what you don't like and
>> what
>> is broken (and then submit a patch).
>>

> I just built it and started it up just fine. The debug-tool comes up
> correctly, too. But I've been looking around a bit for the org.gbean
> code and I can't find it in the Geronimo repo or over at the Codehaus.
> Where can I find this code?
>
> Bruce

Here is the source:
   http://svn.gbean.org/trunk/kernel

Thanks for giving it a whirl, Bruce.  Admittedly, I didn't even try
it out myself.  I would like to now that the CTS blinders are off.
Dunno if the example still works, though....   Dain?

-David