geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Donation of Admin Console- request for help
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:18:18 GMT
After rereading this entire discussion, I'm still not sure that we've
provided the requested guidance to the original reqeust that started
this thread. What's more, given the debate that has taken place, I'm
not sure that there's a consensus in any one direction. So I've got a
couple of questions:

1) Is this the same management console that I downloaded from Gluecode
as the Joe evaluation licensed product?

2) Will the management console come straight to Geronimo or go through
the Incubator?

One additional suggestion on the table seemed to surround the
establishment of policies surrounding code donation. I'm not clear on
why some people feel that policies need to be established. Why are
people so hung up on establishing policies for so many things? IMO,
rules for rules sake is just silly. I think we need to test the waters
with some code donations before we go so far as to establish policies
and precedents. Let's please crawl before we walk.

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/