geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Donation of Admin Console- request for help
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:30:38 GMT

On Jul 11, 2005, at 11:51 AM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> On Jul 11, 2005, at 8:19 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>

>> On Jul 11, 2005, at 11:03 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:
>>
>> Fine : I'm going to suggest
>>
>> /geronimo/sandbox/misc/SoC
>> /geronimo/sandbox/donations/trifork
>> /geronimo/sandbox/donations/ibm
>>

> I think you have mixed several separate issues together here.  SoC
> is a different issue we have discussed before.  I believe that the
> community wants the Trifork donation to be a subproject, so will
> enter via the incubator.  The IBM donation falls into a separate
> category.

No, it's not clear to me what the "community" wants re TriFork.  It
was my understanding that the code would come here along with some
people to work on it to get things going as fast as possible.

Lets put aside "who" for now and come up with a generally acceptable
policy.

(BTW : All code donations are technically made through the incubator
- both the TriFork code as well as IBM code will have to complete
paperwork there...)

> I suggest that IBM makes the code visible, so Aaron and other can
> begin to review it.  If we decide that we want the code (and IBM
> finishes legal), we check it into /geronimo/trunk/sandbox/${console-
> name-here}, work with it there until we are happy, and then move it
> to /geronimo/trunk/applications/${console-name-here}.

As long as this becomes our general policy for accepting code and/or
new committers here, I'm fine with it.

geir

geirm@apache.org