geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <>
Subject Re: VOTE: IBM web console donation
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:09:14 GMT

On Jul 17, 2005, at 10:49 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Jul 2005, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>> and we can now place into our svn repository and get to work.
>> I'd be happy to take the codebase in ASAP, and Aaron can tally the
>> vote/poll for "operating mode" and we can then resolve that in
>> parallel w/ beginning work.  How does that sound?
>     Well, you've neatly dodged the question of where in SVN to place
> it.

Not a dodge - that was the second aspect of the vote thread and I  
wanted to let you complete it.

> By my count, the poll has produced a tie (bearing in mind that a -1
> does not appear to be a veto on this issue):
> Add to geronimo/incubator/ibm-web-console; restricted committers
>     +1 Alan +1 Aaron +1 Dims +1 Jeff +1 John +1 Srinath +1 Geir -1  
> Dain
> Add to geronimo/sandbox/web-console; patches not committers
>     +1 Aaron +1 Geir +1 Jacek +1 David B +1 Dain +1 David J
>     The other two options totaled 1, 1, and -1.  So I think it's safe
> to say that this is the decision we need to make.  If we want  
> something
> immediate, I recommend we put it in the sandbox with no additional  
> commit
> access, and then if we ultimately decide to go the route of restricted
> committers, we can svn move it out of the main trunk.

Yes - please do that.  That is compatible with our policy of  
accepting code, and no one was against accepting the code.  (This is  
irrespective of the committer issues under discussion)

We can then hopefully tie up the committer issue in parallel.



Geir Magnusson Jr                                  +1-203-665-6437

View raw message