geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: IBM web console donation
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2005 01:06:12 GMT
I've eventually decided that
-- patches is what our standard policy is right now, this is "no change
in policy" + "yes to the console"
--The people objecting to immediate unrestricted commit have a real
point
-- we have an unbounded ability to think of bad scenarios with all the
immediate commit possibilities

-- the main objections to patches are really that it makes things
harder for either the donor or us, and we may be able to find technical
solutions such as svk for this.

So, I'm voting for accepting the console + patches + mentors to apply
the patches quickly.

I'm unclear if the end result of this poll/vote/bikeshed/??? is that we
have voted to accept the console donation.  If not, can we please vote
yes, like, right away?

thanks
david jencks