geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jain, Rahul" <rahul.fti.j...@fidelity.co.in>
Subject RE: Unified Tomcat/Jetty Plans
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2005 12:30:52 GMT
Hi,

Can you please take me off from the mailing list.

Thanks,
Rahul Jain

-----Original Message-----
From: Geir Magnusson Jr. [mailto:geirm@apache.org]
Sent: 04 July 2005 17:59
To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Unified Tomcat/Jetty Plans

On Jul 4, 2005, at 1:34 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

>     As far as design work goes, we've historically not had the
> position of review-then-commit.  I think we're trying to increase the
> amount of discussion and planning on the list, but I'm not prepared
> to go
> to a review-then-commit strategy.  Are you?  Short of that, yes, let's
> talk on the list as we have been, but we also need to be prepared
> to make
> adjustments to code that's committed as issues are identified.

No, I don't think we're near "review-then-commit" at this time as I
don't see the necessity to slow things down like that.  That said,
Jeremy has a point  - in general if something will affect all users,
we should get into the habit of bringing up for discussion first.
Yeah, we're still early and yeah, things are changing, but there's a
good balance we can find.

geir

geirm@apache.org