geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Questions about CORBA
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 21:15:05 GMT
If it comes down to fixing OpenORB or writing our own ORB, I think
writing our own will be faster.  OpenORB is quite difficult to
understand and was written before many modern concepts like IoC were
introduced.  The biggest problem this the current OpenORB codebase is
that it doesn't properly implement IIOP so it cant talk to any other
ORBs (and it is difficult to find the code to fix).  Anyway, I say we
stick with the sun orb until something better comes along.

-dain