geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wait or not? Respond quick. (M4 -- 24 hour notice of branch)
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2005 00:17:22 GMT
so the consensus so far is that people just want the branch to be  
cut... I have no problem with that if people don't want to do any of  
these for M4...

geir

On Jul 8, 2005, at 5:57 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

>
> On Jul 8, 2005, at 5:47 PM, David Blevins wrote:
>
>
>> On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 11:23:52PM -0700, David Blevins wrote:
>>
>>
>>> We can consider as a group if we want to hold up the branch for  
>>> these
>>> improvements [....]
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>> Thoughs from the group?
>>>
>>>
>>
>> So you guys want to wait or not?  Not going to make this call by  
>> myself.
>>
>
> I was just working on a note for this so I'll just do it here - I  
> think driving to an M4 is a good thing, but we should agree on what  
> additional stuff we're going to do and do it and then branch, or  
> decide we're going to go with where we are, branch for M4 get the  
> M4 out, and then try and rev an M5 quickly soon after with the  
> stuff that we decided not to put in M4.
>
> Of the things I've seen and sound good and easy and good corners to  
> knock off or get started to get people to contribute :
>
>  - have startup/shutdown/deploy scripts
>  - fix the deployer to not echo your password
>  - fix the deployer to not be totally silent
>  - get a release of ActiveMQ more recent than this afternoon (so  
> our port
>    list will show the ActiveMQ port)
>  - have a sample web app set as the default so localhost:8080  
> doesn't 404
>
> Things that sound good but I don't grok completely :
>
>  - give the deployer a custom message for the case where  
> RuntimeDeployer
>    is not deployed
>  - see if we can eliminate class names from PK Generator configuration
>  - add a shutdown JAR, or management JAR with shutdown implemented
>
> Things that sound good but might be hard and take long and  
> therefore be good for M5 :
>
>  - make sure exceptions propogate to the deploy tool well
>  - provide a bundled or linked MC4J release
>  - Matt's fix for the CMP/CMR issue
>
> My $0.02
>
> I'll also summarize our recent "Roadmap" thread and we can look at  
> that for M5, Mx ... v1.0
>
> geir
>
> -- 
> Geir Magnusson Jr                                  +1-203-665-6437
> geirm@apache.org
>
>
>

-- 
Geir Magnusson Jr                                  +1-203-665-6437
geirm@apache.org



Mime
View raw message