geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From mos <mo.sche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ToDos for M4
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2005 11:42:36 GMT
Just some thoughts:

Shouldn't well known and essential bugs be fixed before doing the branch?
This could prevent duplicated work.
For example: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-715

Bye the way:
Would the subprojects like OpenEJB be part of the branch of M4?
I assume this because this modules are an essential part of geronimo
and have to be closely synchronized with the rest.

Greetings
mos

On 7/10/05, Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:
> OK, I've finished the following:
>  - fix the deployer to not echo your password
>  - fix the deployer to not be totally silent
>  - give the deployer a custom message for the case where RuntimeDeployer
>   is not deployed
>  - make sure exceptions propogate to the deploy tool well
>  - fix problem where var/config/config.list is never updated
>
> The main other thing I really want to get into M4 is:
>  - get a release of ActiveMQ more recent than 7/8 (so our port list will
>   show the ActiveMQ port)
>
> And "would be nice but don't plan to do this myself":
>  - have a sample web app set as the default so localhost:8080 doesn't 404
>  - add a shutdown JAR, or management JAR with shutdown implemented
>  - have startup/shutdown/deploy scripts
>  - provide a bundled or linked MC4J release
>
> But just to reiterate, I'm fine with branching now.
>
> Thanks,
>        Aaron
>
> On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, David Blevins wrote:
> > Alright, it's been a few days since this was proposed, going to move forward as
there didn't seem to be any objections.

> >   (As a note to people who really want to get
> >    features in before we release; good!  Let's
> >    release again very very soon!)
> >

> > If you are in the middle of something, get to the end of it quick :)
> >
> > If you were thinking of starting something big, wait till tomorrow at this time.
> >
> > If you would prefer  we delay creating the branch a day or two (and have good reason
for holding up the show), speak up.