geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject Re: Jetty Max Threads Patch
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 03:00:47 GMT

Aaron Mulder wrote:
> 	Tomcat will be a little more complicated because we have to break
> everything out of the initProps, and create a subclass for the SSL
> connector GBean, but it does support all the stuff we need, so it's mostly
> a matter of re-arranging.

For subclassing to make an SSL Gbean, I am against this...this nails up
a particular connector GBean, where what I have allows the connector to
be used for just that...a connector...any protocol, etc, makes no
difference here.  The Connector architecture I have implemented allows
for a direct pass through to Tomcat's Connector object, and thus makes
it as flexible as possible.

If this is something you want to occur, then I would appreciate that
this is opened up for discussion before anyone goes subclassing the
ConnectorGBean.