geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ObjectName, j2eeType, and GBeans
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:25:20 GMT
David Jencks wrote:

> Why do you think there is a runtime dependency of the kernel on the j2ee
> module?  The type string included in GBeanInfo is used only at deploy
> time to help resolve gbean references.

I remember that when I was developing the packaging plugin I needed to
include the j2ee module. IIRC I needed just to boot the basic kernel; I
may be wrong there, it may have been needed to boot the service deployer.

In either case I few this as a problem: even if it is just in the
deployer you should not need the j2ee module to deploy a simple GBean
with no J2EE artifacts present.

--
Jeremy