geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: Formalising private builds of external libraries (was Re: M4 - QA Branch details)
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:44:01 GMT
Bill Stoddard wrote:
> Alarm Bells going off... G uses a few custom patched packages...
>
> Bill

Guess I am now an official member of the Ben H. misdirected e-mail club ;-) Sorry. I intended
my email as a
heads-up to a friend who could suffer some pain were he not aware of custom built packages
in the Geronimo
build. Again, my apologies.

FWIW, if the project does need to customize a package (not a great state of affairs, but it
will occasionally
happen), I'd suggest adopting a consistent naming convention for the custom package (whatever
it is just be
consistent). Ideally that naming convention would also serve as a key to building a url into
the
geronimo.apache.org URL space for finding the actual patch.

Bill