geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Schmidt <schmidt...@gmail.com>
Subject question about startup
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:43:26 GMT
Hi,

I have a strange issue with Geronimo startup (I am working on the
v1_0_M4-QA, checked out today).

What I observed:

1. I started Geronimo and deployed a database connection plan and my
Application (.ear)
2. I shut down Geronimo and had a look at var/config/config.list and my
previously deployed apps were in the config. - Is correct?
3. I started Geronimo again and it (obviously) tried to start my apps
automatically. I am getting an error (pasted below)
4. If I undeploy these apps and deploy them again the error is gone and
everything runs smoothly.

Is it intended that deployed apps are automatically included in the
config so they are started at next server start? If so why am I getting
this nasty error?

Stefan

Paste:

22:24:00,772 INFO  [GenericEJBContainer] GenericEJBContainer
'geronimo.server:EJBModule=DWBookShop-ejb.jar,J2EEApplication=DWBookShop,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=StatelessSessionBean,name=BookShopEJB'

started
22:24:00,772 DEBUG [GBeanInstanceState] GBeanInstanceState for:
geronimo.server:EJBModule=DWBookShop-ejb.jar,J2EEApplication=DWBookShop,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=StatelessSessionBean,name=BookShopEJB

State changed from starting to running
22:24:00,792 DEBUG [ProjectResourceBundle]
org.apache.axis.i18n.resource::handleGetObject(implAlreadySet)
22:24:00,802 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is
now in the FAILED state:
objectName="openejb:type=WSContainer,name=BookShopEJB"
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Attempt
to set implementation class on a ServiceDesc which has already been
configured
    at org.openejb.server.axis.WSContainer.<init>(WSContainer.java:100)
    at
    at
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:815)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:328)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:111)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.start(GBeanInstance.java:486)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanSingleReference.attemptFullStart(GBeanSingleReference.java:154)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanSingleReference.targetAdded(GBeanSingleReference.java:127)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.AbstractGBeanReference.addTarget(AbstractGBeanReference.java:242)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanSingleReference$1.running(GBeanSingleReference.java:163)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor.fireRunningEvent(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:155)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor.access$300(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:38)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor$RawLifecycleBroadcaster.fireRunningEvent(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:231)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:352)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:111)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:133)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:503)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:207)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:141)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:503)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:207)
    at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.doStartup(Daemon.java:247)
    at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.<init>(Daemon.java:81)
    at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.main(Daemon.java:320)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Attempt to set
implementation class on a ServiceDesc which has already been configured
    at
org.apache.axis.description.JavaServiceDesc.setImplClass(JavaServiceDesc.java:244)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.axis.server.ReadOnlyServiceDesc.setImplClass(ReadOnlyServiceDesc.java:61)
    at org.openejb.server.axis.WSContainer.<init>(WSContainer.java:90)
    ... 26 more
22:24:00,812 DEBUG [GBeanInstanceState] GBeanInstanceState for:
openejb:type=WSContainer,name=BookShopEJB State changed from starting to
failed