geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: GBean Granularity
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 04:21:56 GMT
David Jencks wrote, On 7/20/2005 7:04 AM:

> I'm against making coarser grained gbeans for this.  In fact, I would
> prefer to see gbeans for servlets, servlet mappings, and filters as well.

I like the idea of a coarser grained GBean for simpler configurations.
Are the reasons for your preference for these "detail" GBeans purely for
management?

> If this is really a problem (i.e. it is something users will actually
> want to configure rather than always using our setup) IMO the way to
> fix it is with a specialized builder.  An example is the login config
> builder.

I don't like the idea of GBeans being factories for other GBeans.  I
think that the GBean configuration should be frozen at deployment time.
With that said, I like your preference for a specialized builder.

Regards,
Alan