geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat/Jetty picker ;-)
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2005 06:18:18 GMT
sissonj@insession.com wrote:

> Jeff Genender <jgenender@savoirtech.com> wrote on 18/07/2005 08:41:22 AM:
>
>  > I checked into HEAD the ability to easily build a Jetty or Tomcat
>  > version.  If we want this in M4, then we probably should re-cut the
>  > branch or if someone has a better idea, speak up ;-)
>  >

> I was hoping this was going into M4.  I don't consider this new
> functionality, I think it is fixing a broken design that we shouldn't be
> releasing in another milestone.
>
> The benefits of putting it in M4 are:

I was the one who has completely disregarded the previous vote results
when I said to not merge web changes with M4 once Jeff had done it. The
decision to do the work was just that we agreed upon it before releasing
M4 and I don't know why having read its benefits so many times I could
do that.

Thanks for the list of benefits as it's reminded me how important the
change is and how I should have voted ;)

> John

Jacek