geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: M4 Status
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2005 23:53:58 GMT
Aaron Mulder wrote, On 7/18/2005 7:46 AM:

>On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>

>>I think that this should wait for M5 or we recut M4.  Tossing in new
>>features into a QA branch is a not so good idea.
>>

>	You're effectively moving to ignore the result of a previous
>discussion, where a number of people voted to distribute two identical M4
>releases, one with Jetty, and one with Tomcat.  There is no reasonable way
>to do that without Jeff's change.

Opps.  I didn't realize that it would require code changes.

>	I don't think it's necessary to recut the branch to merge this in.
>It's a few simple svn merge commands.

I think that the notion that adding new features into a QA branch is a
bad idea stands, regardless of how simple the changes are and how simple
it is to merge them.  It's simply bad form.

>	If we do want to change the decision to distribute only a Jetty
>build of M4, then we can leave this change out, but we need more people's
>opinions (particularly the people who voted for two separate but equal M4
>releases).  I don't care a lot either way.

I'm not opposed to the what and why.  I am opposed to the how.

Regards,
Alan