geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jeff Genender <>
Subject Re: M4 Status
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2005 23:44:05 GMT
Being selfish, I would like to see it in M4, and I agree it was part of 
the concensus of the 2 builds.

Aaron Mulder wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>>I think that this should wait for M5 or we recut M4.  Tossing in new 
>>features into a QA branch is a not so good idea.
> 	You're effectively moving to ignore the result of a previous 
> discussion, where a number of people voted to distribute two identical M4 
> releases, one with Jetty, and one with Tomcat.  There is no reasonable way 
> to do that without Jeff's change.
> 	I don't think it's necessary to recut the branch to merge this in.  
> It's a few simple svn merge commands.
> 	If we do want to change the decision to distribute only a Jetty
> build of M4, then we can leave this change out, but we need more people's
> opinions (particularly the people who voted for two separate but equal M4
> releases).  I don't care a lot either way.
> Aaron

View raw message