geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat/Jetty picker ;-)
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2005 23:09:42 GMT

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On Jul 17, 2005, at 6:41 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:
>
>> I checked into HEAD the ability to easily build a Jetty or Tomcat
>> version.  If we want this in M4, then we probably should re-cut the
>> branch or if someone has a better idea, speak up ;-)
>>

> M5!

As a side note (yes I support frozen builds!), this change from a Jetty
perspective did nothing but merge subfiles during the build.  This was
nothing more than a maven and plan break-up.  Its rather harmless.  But
I think Aaron really wanted it in.  So do with it as you wish ;-)

On the Tomcat side though there were code changes.

>> So how do you easily switch containers?  In the etc/
>> project.properties there is a line like follows:
>>
>> geronimo.web.container=jetty
>>
>> Want to build tomcat?  Change it to:
>>
>> geronimo.web.container=tomcat
>>
>> and just rebuild assembly.
>>

> That's cool - can we override somehow at build time so we can automate?

maven -Dgeronimo.web.container=tomcat m:rebuild