geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <>
Subject Re: Tomcat/Jetty picker ;-)
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2005 23:05:57 GMT
I probably should add...

To edit the Jetty configuration (i.e. connectors, etc), please edit one
of the following files in modules/assembly/src/plan:

or for Tomcat:

These are kind of like include files when building the deployer that
velocity merges during the build.  Here are where they are merged:

xxx-config.xml -> j2ee-server-plan.xml
xxx-deployer-config.xml -> j2ee-deployer-plan.xml
xxx-runtime-deployer-config.xml -> j2ee-runtime-deployer-plan.xml

As an FYI...the tomcat-config.xml is like the geronimo version of the
server.xml file (i.e it was j2ee-server-tomcat-plan.xml).

Jeff Genender wrote:
> I checked into HEAD the ability to easily build a Jetty or Tomcat
> version.  If we want this in M4, then we probably should re-cut the
> branch or if someone has a better idea, speak up ;-)
> So how do you easily switch containers?  In the etc/
> there is a line like follows:
> geronimo.web.container=jetty
> Want to build tomcat?  Change it to:
> geronimo.web.container=tomcat
> and just rebuild assembly.
> I also added a root default context for Tomcat with a Geronimo welcome
> page.  I cribbed it from Tomcat.  It can be whatever the
> community thinks should be on it...feel free ;-)
> Please give it a shot and any feedback would be appreciated.
> Some info:
> All web containers now run on 8080 (no more Tomcat on 8090).
> Jeff

View raw message