geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: IBM web console donation
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:49:39 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote, On 7/15/2005 11:18 PM:

> I think we have the cart before the horse on the geronimo/incubator/*
> choices.  We should have a discussion on how exactally this will work
> and what the policies are and then vote to decide that we want to
> create our own incubator inside of Geronimo.  For example, what
> exactly does "restricted" commit mean, what are the graduation
> criteria, and so on.  I suppose we can just crib off the incubator
> policies to figure out what kind of policies are necessary (I would
> assume that is would be a pure subset of the incubator rules).

Restricted commit - committer access that is restricted to a specific
SVN tree in the geronimo/sandbox.  Work outside the tree should be done
by the mentor.

Graduation criteria - this would still need to be worked out regardless
of the staging process.  I would say when the tream, the initial
contributors and the Geronimo mentors, feel it's ready a public vote
would take place on the dev list.

Regards,
Alan