geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: eclipse deployment problem
Date Sat, 16 Jul 2005 03:39:04 GMT
I was able to resolve the problem for each of the projects containing this error by including
the
given project's snapshot from the Maven repository in the eclipse build path.  So you'll have
do the initial build from the command line so that you get the correct snapshot generated
and
installed into the repo.  Then start your workbench, fix the build paths, and then the errors
will
go away.

However, this won't last you long. :(

The problem is that even if you add the built jar to the classpath, then next time eclipse
triggers
a build it will delete these generated files.  Thus the next time you generate the snapshot
(without
doing a 'rebuild' you'll get the errors again.

Eclipse can handle this type of situation, however.  You can added a "classes" folder (different

from output folder) to the .classpath.  Any files in this folder will be added to the classpath
and
will remain there and will NOT be deleted when eclipse triggers a build.

So the next step is if we can specify these files to go into a different directory rather
then
target/classes.  If so then we can mark the new destination folder as a "classes" folder at
its
content will be preserved.

Thanks.

Sachin.