geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <>
Subject Re: Donations & Policies
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:23:05 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On Jul 11, 2005, at 10:56 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> [SNIP]
>> I don't see the value add in going directly to the incubator unless
>> they wanted to graduate as a TLP out of the gate.  If this is the
>> case, then they wouldn't have bothered us to begin w/.
> Just a comment -
> yes - that's something we need to get a handle on - what's the value
> to send off to Incubator unless it will be some kind of TLP or a
> distinct, standalone community of some sort.

Has the Harmony project addressed the ORB issue yet?  That's certainly a
project that will need to come to grips with this issue at some point.
If they have a common interest, that's would certainly be a point in
favor of the incubator.  Otherwise, it might make more sense for it to
be part of Geronimo so it can be the "best Geronimo ORB" possible.

> I don't wish to see our subprojects, if we add them, be formally
> distinct sub-communities of Geronimo.
> geir

View raw message