geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: M4 - QA Branch details
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:05:49 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote, On 7/11/2005 3:46 PM:

> On Jul 11, 2005, at 3:24 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>
>> Not technically true.  We can generate our own snapshots, e.g.
>>
>> outside-project-GERONIMO-200507111432.jar
>>
>> The problem is that there are a *ton* of projects that we use.
>

> I think this is a bad idea. We would be in effect publishing/
> distributing software that
>
> <snip>Some arguments against it</snip>

I've given this some more thought.

I would hope that any project who's version is SNAPSHOT that we rely on
is a project where there is close to 100% overlap, otherwise we would
just be asking for trouble to begin with.  I think that the number of
projects is actually quite small.  I'm thinking 3-4 projects.  Should be
simple enough to get them to make their own M4 snapshots, no?

Regards,
Alan