geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: startup scripts for Geronimo - will users want to prepend their own classpath?
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:14:34 GMT
Aaron Mulder wrote:
> 	Most often it seems the CLASSPATH is used to add JDBC drivers or
> common 3rd party libraries.  We have special facilities for that in
> Geronimo, so I don't see that being able to set the CLASSPATH is all that
> valuable.

Exactly. That was the reason why I was asking. Unless I'm mistaken, in
Geronimo there's no value in setting up the CLASSPATH as it's handled by
  GBean dependencies. If one wants to share some libraries to two or
more configurations it's achieved by establishing a common parent
configuration that only holds the common jars.

> Aaron

Jacek