geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <>
Subject Re: ActiveIO
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:35:25 GMT
Kresten Krab Thorup wrote:
> Hiram,
> I browsed through the ActiveIO code, and it is pretty close to what I
> am looking for for the basic IO stuff.   Very nice!
> Here's a couple of things that come off my mind...

Thanks Kresten for these comments. They have served me as a gentle
introduction to ActiveIO, which I've never worked before, but upon
following  them I'm a little more familiar with what I could expect from
it. Very roughtly, I supposed, but quite enough for a starter.

> - It would also be good to have the half-close functionality.  In the
> Trifork ORB, if ORB receives a shut down, all active connection  sockets
> are half-closed until active requests are done and responses  sent.

It sounds like a 2 phase commit protocol for sockets. At least, it
reminded me about it upon reading it.

> I'll come back later with some thoughts on SSL stuff...

Please do. Keep it going.

> Kresten Krab Thorup

View raw message