geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ToDos for M4
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:09:12 GMT
David Blevins wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 01:34:43PM +1100, sissonj@insession.com wrote:
>
>>   It would be nice if in the future developers could document why we need to
>>   use each SNAPSHOT, e.g. some comments above each SNAPSHOT in
>>   etc/project.properties.  This would help give everyone a better picture of
>>   the reason for and state of our dependencies.
>

> Super-dooper, mega, ginormous +1,000,000

Although it isn't that +1000000, but +1000 from me, too. I haven't ever
thought about it before. That's a very good question why Geronimo relies
on so many SNAPSHOTs. Aren't they a sign we depend on an unsable ground?
I've seen at least one project, where a major bug fix leads to a new
release (cf. Mevenide). I like it so we could decide that all of our
SNAPSHOTs should be reverted to their latest official releases and when
there's anything in a SNAPSHOT we really need, we could gently ask its
community to release a new version. I think it greatly improves the
quality of the whole software stack. I like it!

> -David

Jacek