geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: deployment plan classloading question
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2005 17:05:27 GMT
So I am now able to launch the server within Eclipse, make changes, and synchronize those changes
back in.  But theres a catch... There is a fundamental problem with the way I'm doing it which
may require me to implement a different Repository to make the usability of this easier.

I'm launching the server through org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.  There is a hard
coded
requirement that the server.jar be on the classpath.  So I added the server.jar from the
assembly module to the classpath.  Wether the server.jar I add is from the assembly module
or an
extracted install image it MUST be from a valid install structure, (i.e just can't copy the
server.jar and put it anywhere), since the server uses this jar to determine the geronimo
install
directory.

So from first looks the server starts fine, and you can debug and step through it.  The problem
comes in when you make code changes.

Like you said, the repository used to resolve the classpaths is determined by the system info
gbean
which in turn my guess looks at the geronimo install directory.  But any code changes I make,
the
maven builder is jaring and installing to the MAVEN repository and not to the INSTALL repository.
Beacuse of this, no changes will be picked up.

The maven builder already at this point has updated and installed the snapshot, and the current
workaround is that I manually rebuild just the assembly module to update the install repository

whenever I want to sync the changes in.  The downside is that re-building the assembly module
is
time-consuming and the goals for that project are not granualized so that only the repository
folder
can be updated. Thus I don't think this workaround should be the recommended approach.

I'd like to not have to do this two step process and everything should be done automatically
after
every Eclipse build.

So would you recommend that implementing a different repository is the necessary solution?
 If so,
how do I go about implementing a custom repo? Is there an existing class I can use as a model?

Thanks for your help.