geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <>
Subject deployment plan classloading question
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 23:31:36 GMT

I'm looking at the System deployment plan and the section where the
dependencies are being defined.  The entries contain relative paths
which in an install image resolve back into the "repository" folder, as

(1) Is there any way at startup I can specify a different location on
the filesystem where these relative paths can be attempted to be
resolved? Is there a system variable that can be set?

(2) Would someone mind pointing me in the code where these dependency
entries are loaded and resolved?...

Where I'm trying to go with this is to create a true development
environment using Eclipse, so that the server can be launched within the
IDE without having to do a remote debug connection.

The blocking issue I'm currently having is that when the server is
starting and the configurations are loaded the classpath's don't resolve
and the debug statement says...

19:10:47,901 DEBUG [Configuration] ClassPath for
org/apache/geronimo/System resolved to []

rather then...

17:58:01,712 DEBUG [Configuration] ClassPath for
org/apache/geronimo/Server resolved to

If there was a way to specify a different absolute path to be used to
append to the relative paths, I think I would be golden!

Thanks in advance.

View raw message