geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: want to contribute with web or EJB please assign me !!!!!
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 07:22:34 GMT
Sundaranathan S wrote:

> 10:33:08,933 INFO  [LocalConfigStore:config-store/] Loaded Configuration geronim
> o.config:name="org/apache/geronimo/J2EEDeployer"
> 10:33:09,504 INFO  [Configuration] Started configuration org/apache/geronimo/J2E
> EDeployer
> 10:33:09,775 INFO  [SecurityServiceImpl] JACC factory registered
>     Error: Unable to connect to local deployer service
>
> org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Unable to load parents
>         at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.<init>(DeploymentCon
> text.java:106)
> Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.NoSuchConfigException: No configura
> tion with id: org/apache/geronimo
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationManagerImpl.load(Confi
> gurationManagerImpl.java:95)

One way to see why it's happened is to take a look at the sources.
Sometimes, it's not very easy to spot why a particular exception shows
up until one has taken a look at the code and figured out by yourself.

This time I'm pretty sure I know the answer without looking at the code
, hopefully. You've defined the parentId in the webapp plan to
'org/apache/geronimo', which is not available, not by default. Either
remove the parentId setting, which is not mandatory or change it so that
it points to one of the valid configuration already available in
Geronimo. @see
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Running#head-d04f6c597b07a27d544a57dcf772d70ded490750

> -Sundar.

Jacek