geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joern Larsen <...@trifork.com>
Subject Re: Trifork
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 06:08:42 GMT
Dear Alan

It is true that we have mentioned four month in our announcement.
However you should see this as the fastest we can do the transition of
our code and not a timeline for the Geronimo project. By the way I did
not know there were a Geronimo PR team! Who are they and how do I get in
touch with them?

We did not want to drag this announcement because we wanted our
customers to know where they have us. Also Geir told me that shared
announcements with Apache was not likely to happen. I hope no harm is done!

Best regards

Joern

Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> On 7/5/2005 2:55 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
>
>> Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>>
>>> FYI, http://www.trifork.com/topmenu/news_events/release_04_07_05/
>>

>> Not that I'm against such announcements, but I don't understand this:
>>
>> "As a first step, Trifork has donated its CORBA implementation to the
>> project. Geronimo's transition to be using Trifork's CORBA technology
>> is expected to be able to complete in a less than four months."
>>
>> Did they already do that? We're talking about it or am I possibly
>> missing something?
>

> The discussion of the exact mechanics of this work will start to
> trickle in to this list.  As for the four months estimate, I wish that
> their PR firm would have contacted Apache's PR contact before
> announcing time lines.
>

> Regards,
> Alan

Joern Larsen
CEO

                 WHO'S AT JAOO? - http://www.jaoo.dk
EOS Trifork, Margrethepladsen 3, 8000  Ã…rhus C, Denmark
Tel: +45 8732 8787 / Fax: +45 8732 8788 / Mob: +45 4072 8483